Moroccan Chicken Salad
Leftover chicken and rice come together in this flavorful main dish salad. Serve over fresh greens.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine rice, chicken, carrots, scallions and olives in a large bowl. Whisk together broth, orange juice, lemon juice, mint, cilantro, oil, cinnamon, cayenne and salt and pepper to taste in another bowl. Toss dressing with rice mixture.
Per serving: 307 calories; 9 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 32 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 2 g fiber; 267 mg sodium; 455 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (190% daily value), Vitamin C & Selenium (31% dv), Folate (26% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient