Spiced molasses cookies are perfect to serve with coffee or tea.
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk together molasses, yogurt, sugar and oil in a large bowl until smooth. Stir together flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, mace, cloves and salt in a medium bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon, mixing just until blended.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer cookies to a rack and let cool.
Per serving: 74 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 55 mg sodium; 110 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique