Spiced molasses cookies are perfect to serve with coffee or tea.
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk together molasses, yogurt, sugar and oil in a large bowl until smooth. Stir together flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, mace, cloves and salt in a medium bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon, mixing just until blended.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer cookies to a rack and let cool.
Per serving: 74 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 55 mg sodium; 110 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more