Spiced molasses cookies are perfect to serve with coffee or tea.
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk together molasses, yogurt, sugar and oil in a large bowl until smooth. Stir together flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, mace, cloves and salt in a medium bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon, mixing just until blended.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer cookies to a rack and let cool.
Per serving: 74 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 55 mg sodium; 110 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique