Spiced molasses cookies are perfect to serve with coffee or tea.
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk together molasses, yogurt, sugar and oil in a large bowl until smooth. Stir together flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, mace, cloves and salt in a medium bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon, mixing just until blended.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer cookies to a rack and let cool.
Per serving: 74 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 55 mg sodium; 110 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique