Always a hit. I crave it in the spring when fresh asparagus shows up in the stores. Sometimes I use laughing cow wedges instead of cream cheese if I have a few hanging around.
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Risotto is hardly effortless fare, what with all that stirring over a hot stove. But instant brown rice and creamy Neufchatel cheese can make a nutty, rich, stand-in version that's sure to be a family favorite. Substitute any vegetables you wish for the asparagus and bell pepper. Make it a Meal: Paired with a salad, this is a perfect vegetarian main course, or serve as a side dish with grilled chicken or steak.
3 Reviews for Mock Risotto
The whole family loves this recipe. We make it nearly every week and switch-up veggies with what's on hand. Even make it as a side for casual dinner guests and it's always a hit!
Yum! We've enjoyed this delicious recipe several times already. Never had a complaint and it's very, very easy to prepare.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)