Always a hit. I crave it in the spring when fresh asparagus shows up in the stores. Sometimes I use laughing cow wedges instead of cream cheese if I have a few hanging around.
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Risotto is hardly effortless fare, what with all that stirring over a hot stove. But instant brown rice and creamy Neufchatel cheese can make a nutty, rich, stand-in version that's sure to be a family favorite. Substitute any vegetables you wish for the asparagus and bell pepper. Make it a Meal: Paired with a salad, this is a perfect vegetarian main course, or serve as a side dish with grilled chicken or steak.
3 Reviews for Mock Risotto
The whole family loves this recipe. We make it nearly every week and switch-up veggies with what's on hand. Even make it as a side for casual dinner guests and it's always a hit!
Yum! We've enjoyed this delicious recipe several times already. Never had a complaint and it's very, very easy to prepare.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)