Mocha Ice Pops
From EatingWell: July/August 2009
Get an afternoon pick-me-up with these mocha-flavored frozen treats. A little of the cocoa settles at the bottom as they freeze, making a special chocolaty surprise on the top once the pop is unmolded.
- 2 1/2 cups hot brewed coffee
- 4-5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Whisk coffee, sugar to taste and cocoa in a medium bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Whisk in half-and-half, vanilla and salt until combined.
- Divide the mixture among freezer-pop molds. Insert the sticks and freeze until completely firm, about 6 hours. Dip the molds briefly in hot water before unmolding.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Freeze for up to 3 weeks. | Equipment: Ten 3-ounce (or similar-size) freezer-pop molds
Per serving: 54 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 26 mg sodium; 77 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (other)
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2009