Mixed Greens with Grapes & Feta
Contrasting sweet grapes with savory feta cheese and crisp, colorful greens, this salad makes an elegant first course.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups mesclun salad greens, (5 ounces)
- 1 head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 2 cups halved seedless grapes, (about 1 pound), preferably red and green
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta, or blue cheese
- To prepare dressing: Whisk (or shake) oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl (or jar) until blended.
- To prepare salad: Just before serving, toss greens and radicchio in a large bowl. Drizzle the dressing on top and toss to coat. Divide the salad among 8 plates. Scatter grapes and cheese over each salad; serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The dressing will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 133 calories; 10 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 239 mg sodium; 183 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value), Folate (9% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique