Mixed Greens with Grapes & Feta
Contrasting sweet grapes with savory feta cheese and crisp, colorful greens, this salad makes an elegant first course.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups mesclun salad greens, (5 ounces)
- 1 head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 2 cups halved seedless grapes, (about 1 pound), preferably red and green
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta, or blue cheese
- To prepare dressing: Whisk (or shake) oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl (or jar) until blended.
- To prepare salad: Just before serving, toss greens and radicchio in a large bowl. Drizzle the dressing on top and toss to coat. Divide the salad among 8 plates. Scatter grapes and cheese over each salad; serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The dressing will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 133 calories; 10 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 239 mg sodium; 183 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value), Folate (9% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Ring in the new year with low-calorie recipes from our new issue...
Jump-start your morning with our healthy, low-calorie...
A perfectly ripe avocado is the perfect addition to salads,...
It’s time for the avocado to shake its bad rap: sinfully...
Celebrate the holiday season with low-calorie recipes from our...
Skip the super-greasy fried food and creamy dips and go for...
Make a healthy snack for kids with one of our easy snack...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Eating healthy snacks is a good way to stave off hunger pangs...
Spaghetti and Meatballs is a classic, comforting Italian...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Resolve to eat healthier? No matter how busy you are, get in...
Breakfast is the most important meal—giving you a much-needed...
People who are most successful at losing weight—and keeping...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique