Mixed Greens with Grapes & Feta
Contrasting sweet grapes with savory feta cheese and crisp, colorful greens, this salad makes an elegant first course.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups mesclun salad greens, (5 ounces)
- 1 head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 2 cups halved seedless grapes, (about 1 pound), preferably red and green
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta, or blue cheese
- To prepare dressing: Whisk (or shake) oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl (or jar) until blended.
- To prepare salad: Just before serving, toss greens and radicchio in a large bowl. Drizzle the dressing on top and toss to coat. Divide the salad among 8 plates. Scatter grapes and cheese over each salad; serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The dressing will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 133 calories; 10 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 239 mg sodium; 183 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value), Folate (9% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)