Mixed Greens with Grapes & Feta
Contrasting sweet grapes with savory feta cheese and crisp, colorful greens, this salad makes an elegant first course.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups mesclun salad greens, (5 ounces)
- 1 head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 2 cups halved seedless grapes, (about 1 pound), preferably red and green
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta, or blue cheese
- To prepare dressing: Whisk (or shake) oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl (or jar) until blended.
- To prepare salad: Just before serving, toss greens and radicchio in a large bowl. Drizzle the dressing on top and toss to coat. Divide the salad among 8 plates. Scatter grapes and cheese over each salad; serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The dressing will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 133 calories; 10 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 239 mg sodium; 183 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value), Folate (9% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique