Mixed Green Salad with Chive Dressing
From EatingWell: May/June 1996
Mustard, vinegar and chives bring their lively flavors to this simple salad.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar, or cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives, or chopped scallion greens
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups washed and torn salad greens
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup low-fat croutons
- To make dressing: Combine oil, vinegar, mustard and sugar in a small glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Add water and shake until smooth. Add chives (or scallion greens) and season with salt and pepper; shake again.
- To make the salad: Just before serving, toss salad greens with the dressing in a large salad bowl. Arrange carrots, cucumbers and croutons on top.
Per serving: 129 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 308 mg sodium; 480 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- May/June 1996