Mixed Green Salad with Chive Dressing
From EatingWell: May/June 1996
Mustard, vinegar and chives bring their lively flavors to this simple salad.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar, or cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives, or chopped scallion greens
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups washed and torn salad greens
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup low-fat croutons
- To make dressing: Combine oil, vinegar, mustard and sugar in a small glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Add water and shake until smooth. Add chives (or scallion greens) and season with salt and pepper; shake again.
- To make the salad: Just before serving, toss salad greens with the dressing in a large salad bowl. Arrange carrots, cucumbers and croutons on top.
Per serving: 129 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 308 mg sodium; 480 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- May/June 1996