Mixed Green Salad with Chive Dressing
From EatingWell: May/June 1996
Mustard, vinegar and chives bring their lively flavors to this simple salad.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar, or cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives, or chopped scallion greens
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups washed and torn salad greens
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup low-fat croutons
- To make dressing: Combine oil, vinegar, mustard and sugar in a small glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Add water and shake until smooth. Add chives (or scallion greens) and season with salt and pepper; shake again.
- To make the salad: Just before serving, toss salad greens with the dressing in a large salad bowl. Arrange carrots, cucumbers and croutons on top.
Per serving: 129 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 308 mg sodium; 480 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- May/June 1996