Mixed Green Salad with Chive Dressing
From EatingWell: May/June 1996
Mustard, vinegar and chives bring their lively flavors to this simple salad.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar, or cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives, or chopped scallion greens
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups washed and torn salad greens
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup low-fat croutons
- To make dressing: Combine oil, vinegar, mustard and sugar in a small glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Add water and shake until smooth. Add chives (or scallion greens) and season with salt and pepper; shake again.
- To make the salad: Just before serving, toss salad greens with the dressing in a large salad bowl. Arrange carrots, cucumbers and croutons on top.
Per serving: 129 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 308 mg sodium; 480 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- May/June 1996