Mixed Berry Sundaes
From EatingWell: The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)
A melding of your favorite summer berries top scoops of sorbet in the perfect summer dessert.
- 3 cups mixed fresh berries, such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, sliced strawberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons crème de cassis, or black currant juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pint nonfat raspberry sorbet, or lemon sorbet, slightly softened
- Crush 1/4 cup berries in a bowl with a fork. Add crème de cassis (or juice), lemon juice and sugar, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Add the remaining 2 3/4 cups berries; stir gently to coat. Place a scoop of sorbet in each dish and top with the berry mixture.
Per serving: 191 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 47 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 7 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 146 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (45% daily value), Fiber (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 2 carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)