Mixed Berry Sundaes
From EatingWell: The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)
A melding of your favorite summer berries top scoops of sorbet in the perfect summer dessert.
- 3 cups mixed fresh berries, such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, sliced strawberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons crème de cassis, or black currant juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pint nonfat raspberry sorbet, or lemon sorbet, slightly softened
- Crush 1/4 cup berries in a bowl with a fork. Add crème de cassis (or juice), lemon juice and sugar, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Add the remaining 2 3/4 cups berries; stir gently to coat. Place a scoop of sorbet in each dish and top with the berry mixture.
Per serving: 191 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 47 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 7 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 146 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (45% daily value), Fiber (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 2 carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)