Mixed Berry Frozen Yogurt
Turn your favorite frozen berries into frozen yogurt in this quick and easy recipe—no ice cream maker required!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen and thawed berries, (raspberries, blackberries and/or blueberries)
- 1 small banana
- 1/4 cup frozen orange-juice concentrate
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt, or buttermilk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Puree berries in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a stainless-steel sieve set over a bowl. Work the puree through the sieve with a spoon to remove seeds. Pour the puree into an ice cube tray and freeze. Slice banana and freeze at the same time.
- Combine the frozen berry puree, banana slices and orange-juice concentrate in the food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Combine yogurt (or buttermilk), brown sugar and vanilla; with the machine running, gradually pour the mixture through the feed tube. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the workbowl once or twice. (The frozen yogurt should be firm enough to be served directly from the food processor, but if it is a little soft, let it harden in the freezer for about 30 minutes.)
Per serving: 164 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 41 mg sodium; 347 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (70% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Ease of Preparation