Mixed Berry Frozen Yogurt
Turn your favorite frozen berries into frozen yogurt in this quick and easy recipe—no ice cream maker required!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen and thawed berries, (raspberries, blackberries and/or blueberries)
- 1 small banana
- 1/4 cup frozen orange-juice concentrate
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt, or buttermilk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Puree berries in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a stainless-steel sieve set over a bowl. Work the puree through the sieve with a spoon to remove seeds. Pour the puree into an ice cube tray and freeze. Slice banana and freeze at the same time.
- Combine the frozen berry puree, banana slices and orange-juice concentrate in the food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Combine yogurt (or buttermilk), brown sugar and vanilla; with the machine running, gradually pour the mixture through the feed tube. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the workbowl once or twice. (The frozen yogurt should be firm enough to be served directly from the food processor, but if it is a little soft, let it harden in the freezer for about 30 minutes.)
Per serving: 164 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 41 mg sodium; 347 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (70% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less