Mixed Berry Frozen Yogurt
Turn your favorite frozen berries into frozen yogurt in this quick and easy recipe—no ice cream maker required!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen and thawed berries, (raspberries, blackberries and/or blueberries)
- 1 small banana
- 1/4 cup frozen orange-juice concentrate
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt, or buttermilk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Puree berries in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a stainless-steel sieve set over a bowl. Work the puree through the sieve with a spoon to remove seeds. Pour the puree into an ice cube tray and freeze. Slice banana and freeze at the same time.
- Combine the frozen berry puree, banana slices and orange-juice concentrate in the food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Combine yogurt (or buttermilk), brown sugar and vanilla; with the machine running, gradually pour the mixture through the feed tube. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the workbowl once or twice. (The frozen yogurt should be firm enough to be served directly from the food processor, but if it is a little soft, let it harden in the freezer for about 30 minutes.)
Per serving: 164 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 41 mg sodium; 347 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (70% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)