Mixed Berry Frozen Yogurt
Turn your favorite frozen berries into frozen yogurt in this quick and easy recipe—no ice cream maker required!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen and thawed berries, (raspberries, blackberries and/or blueberries)
- 1 small banana
- 1/4 cup frozen orange-juice concentrate
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt, or buttermilk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Puree berries in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a stainless-steel sieve set over a bowl. Work the puree through the sieve with a spoon to remove seeds. Pour the puree into an ice cube tray and freeze. Slice banana and freeze at the same time.
- Combine the frozen berry puree, banana slices and orange-juice concentrate in the food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Combine yogurt (or buttermilk), brown sugar and vanilla; with the machine running, gradually pour the mixture through the feed tube. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the workbowl once or twice. (The frozen yogurt should be firm enough to be served directly from the food processor, but if it is a little soft, let it harden in the freezer for about 30 minutes.)
Per serving: 164 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 41 mg sodium; 347 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (70% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less