I am not even kidding when I tell you I make this salad weekly. I really really love it! I omit the cheese and radicchio, but it is still AMAZING!
Miso-Garlic-Roasted Tofu Caesar Salad
In this hearty version of the classic romaine salad, miso does double duty as a marinade for the roasted tofu and a rich, savory layer in the dressing. There are several varieties of miso available, but the mellow, subtle sweetness of brown rice miso is just unobtrusive enough to blend into the lemony dressing while letting the flavors of the olive oil come through, and just rich enough to add character to otherwise plain-Jane tofu.
2 Reviews for Miso-Garlic-Roasted Tofu Caesar Salad
My daughters loved this when I made it for them a couple of nights ago. I didn't have any of the prepared salad but I tried the tofu when it came out of the oven and it was delicious and savory. They both want me to make it again soon. This was very easy to make. One note, this is NOT vegetarian if you use parmesan cheese which by law must be made with animal rennet to be labeled Italian Parmesan. It's easy to omit for the strictly vegetarian (like my younger daughter).
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)