Braising turnips has always been my favorite way to eat them. Adding the miso butter to these turnips at the end was amazing. I used vegetable stock which cooked down to a nice syrup consistency and added the miso butter and the turnips were all coated in this fantastic flavor. I will make this recipe over and over. Thanks eating well!
Miso-Butter Braised Turnips
From EatingWell: November/December 2012
Slowly braising turnips in savory miso-spiked broth and butter gives them a sweet flavor and velvety texture in this side dish recipe. The addition of turnip greens (which are sometimes sold separately in bunches) adds a peppery bite. For a mellower flavor, use spinach.
2 Reviews for Miso-Butter Braised Turnips
I made this and the flavor layers from the broth and the miso and the browned butter were just wonderful. I added some frozen shrimp at the end of the turnip cooking (before adding the greens), and it made a complete meal.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)