I shelled fresh peas and thought this was phenomenal. It pleased a picky eater in my house, too.
Minted Peas & Rice with Feta
The flavors of fresh mint and feta enliven this instant brown rice. Toss any leftovers with some cooked shrimp for a satisfying, easy lunch.
6 Reviews for Minted Peas & Rice with Feta
SOOOO good!! With fresh-shelled peas and slow-cooked brown rice, this couldn't be better! Also used chives from my garden instead of scallions. Highly recommend!!
This was easy to make, smelled amazing, but the combination of mint, salty feta and sweet peas was too much contrast for my family. I think next time I will substitute fresh oregano for the mint and add a little lemon zest, since my kids are really into Greek and Mediterranean flavors.
I just prepared this dish for the first time and I am very impressed with the unique flavor. Since I'm an avid hater of peas I substituted them with chopped zucchini. They proved to be an excellent alternative! I will most definitely be making this recipe again.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)