I work very early hours and by the time my meal break rolls around, its hardly 9 am. i make a dozen on the weekend and have my food for the work week. i added quartered cherry tomatoes and sliced ham.
Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches
From EatingWell: April/May 2005
These crustless mini quiches are like portable omelets. Turkey sausage and sauteed mushrooms keep them light and savory. Small and satisfying, they're also a good finger food for your next cocktail party.
85 Reviews for Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches
I can't believe how good these are for the calories...we make a big batch of these and re-heat during the week for a super quick breakfast or even a snack!
These mini quiches were great!!! My neice Tracy made them for Thanksgiving and we all loved them. I brought some leftovers home and just ate them for breakfast. They are a perfect party snack or appetizer and healthy as well.
You can do virtually anything with this recipe. Different veggies, different types of cheese, different types of meat. I do not like mushrooms, so I substituted green peppers, and I used Mozzerella cheese, which is what I had on hand.
I agree with many other posters, that 1/2 cup of milk works perfectly! 1 cup would have been too much I think.
This morning I toasted an english muffin and then put my reheated quiche in the middle and smooshed it down. It was an instant breakfast sandwhich, and way tastier than the fast food kind! The flavors in this recipe are great, and these make perfect and convenient breakfasts and snacks. I think I will be making these every weekend!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)