Traditional meatloaf is made with ground beef, pork and veal; here we replace the veal with ground turkey for a tender, flavorful and leaner version of the classic. Baking individual portions in muffin tins speeds cooking, standardizes serving size and produces a moist, delicious main dish.
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 8 ounces lean ground pork
- 8 ounces ground turkey breast
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup ketchup, divided
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 small onion, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 8 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Mix beef, pork, turkey, egg, oats, parsley, 2 tablespoons ketchup, milk, onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Form the mixture into 8 balls and place in the prepared muffin cups. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and spread about 1/2 teaspoon over each mini meatloaf.
- Place the muffin pan on a baking sheet. Bake the meatloaves until their internal temperature reaches 160°F, 25 to 30 minutes. Pour off fat before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Baking individual portions of meatoaf in muffin tins speeds cooking, standardizes serving size and produces a moist, delicious main dish.
Per serving: 184 calories; 10 g fat (4 g sat, 4 g mono); 86 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 1 g fiber; 385 mg sodium; 317 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin K (39% daily value), Potassium (16% dv).
Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Super Bowl
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation