Traditional meatloaf is made with ground beef, pork and veal; here we replace the veal with ground turkey for a tender, flavorful and leaner version of the classic. Baking individual portions in muffin tins speeds cooking, standardizes serving size and produces a moist, delicious main dish.
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 8 ounces lean ground pork
- 8 ounces ground turkey breast
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup ketchup, divided
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 small onion, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 8 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Mix beef, pork, turkey, egg, oats, parsley, 2 tablespoons ketchup, milk, onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Form the mixture into 8 balls and place in the prepared muffin cups. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and spread about 1/2 teaspoon over each mini meatloaf.
- Place the muffin pan on a baking sheet. Bake the meatloaves until their internal temperature reaches 160°F, 25 to 30 minutes. Pour off fat before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Baking individual portions of meatoaf in muffin tins speeds cooking, standardizes serving size and produces a moist, delicious main dish.
Per serving: 184 calories; 10 g fat (4 g sat, 4 g mono); 86 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 1 g fiber; 385 mg sodium; 317 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin K (39% daily value), Potassium (16% dv).
Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Super Bowl