Traditional meatloaf is made with ground beef, pork and veal; here we replace the veal with ground turkey for a tender, flavorful and leaner version of the classic. Baking individual portions in muffin tins speeds cooking, standardizes serving size and produces a moist, delicious main dish.
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 8 ounces lean ground pork
- 8 ounces ground turkey breast
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup ketchup, divided
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 small onion, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 8 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Mix beef, pork, turkey, egg, oats, parsley, 2 tablespoons ketchup, milk, onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Form the mixture into 8 balls and place in the prepared muffin cups. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and spread about 1/2 teaspoon over each mini meatloaf.
- Place the muffin pan on a baking sheet. Bake the meatloaves until their internal temperature reaches 160°F, 25 to 30 minutes. Pour off fat before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Baking individual portions of meatoaf in muffin tins speeds cooking, standardizes serving size and produces a moist, delicious main dish.
Per serving: 184 calories; 10 g fat (4 g sat, 4 g mono); 86 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 1 g fiber; 385 mg sodium; 317 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin K (39% daily value), Potassium (16% dv).
Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Super Bowl
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more