Mini Brie & Apple Quiches
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
We love the way Brie and apples taste together in these mini quiches. Mini phyllo cups make it swift and simple to create an elegant appetizer.
- 30 mini phyllo shells (two 1.9-ounce packages; see Note)
- 1/2 medium apple, peeled and finely diced
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 4 ounces Brie (1/2 small wheel), cut into 30 squares
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange phyllo shells on a large parchment-lined baking sheet. Divide apple among the shells.
- Whisk eggs, mustard, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a large measuring cup. Pour the egg mixture over the apple (do not overfill the shells). Place a Brie square in each shell.
- Bake until the egg is set, the Brie is melted and the phyllo is starting to brown around the edges, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Mini phyllo shells, or fillo, are available in the freezer section near other frozen appetizers. They do not need to be defrosted before filling and baking.
Per quiche: 39 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 39 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 65 mg sodium; 20 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- November/December 2010