Mini Brie & Apple Quiches
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
We love the way Brie and apples taste together in these mini quiches. Mini phyllo cups make it swift and simple to create an elegant appetizer.
- 30 mini phyllo shells (two 1.9-ounce packages; see Note)
- 1/2 medium apple, peeled and finely diced
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 4 ounces Brie (1/2 small wheel), cut into 30 squares
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange phyllo shells on a large parchment-lined baking sheet. Divide apple among the shells.
- Whisk eggs, mustard, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a large measuring cup. Pour the egg mixture over the apple (do not overfill the shells). Place a Brie square in each shell.
- Bake until the egg is set, the Brie is melted and the phyllo is starting to brown around the edges, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Mini phyllo shells, or fillo, are available in the freezer section near other frozen appetizers. They do not need to be defrosted before filling and baking.
Per quiche: 39 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 39 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 65 mg sodium; 20 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- November/December 2010