Mini Brie & Apple Quiches
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
We love the way Brie and apples taste together in these mini quiches. Mini phyllo cups make it swift and simple to create an elegant appetizer.
- 30 mini phyllo shells (two 1.9-ounce packages; see Note)
- 1/2 medium apple, peeled and finely diced
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 4 ounces Brie (1/2 small wheel), cut into 30 squares
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange phyllo shells on a large parchment-lined baking sheet. Divide apple among the shells.
- Whisk eggs, mustard, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a large measuring cup. Pour the egg mixture over the apple (do not overfill the shells). Place a Brie square in each shell.
- Bake until the egg is set, the Brie is melted and the phyllo is starting to brown around the edges, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Mini phyllo shells, or fillo, are available in the freezer section near other frozen appetizers. They do not need to be defrosted before filling and baking.
Per quiche: 39 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 39 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 65 mg sodium; 20 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- November/December 2010