Middle Eastern Zucchini Dip
From EatingWell: July/August 2013
This creamy and tangy Middle Eastern zucchini dip recipe, also known as Koosa Ma Laban, is best served with baked pita chips or crunchy vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat or nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender; let cool for 5 minutes. Add yogurt, lemon juice, mint, salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day; stir before serving.
Per 1/4 cup: 69 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 109 mg sodium; 190 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (23% value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Middle Eastern
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- July/August 2013