Middle Eastern Zucchini Dip
From EatingWell: July/August 2013
This creamy and tangy Middle Eastern zucchini dip recipe, also known as Koosa Ma Laban, is best served with baked pita chips or crunchy vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat or nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender; let cool for 5 minutes. Add yogurt, lemon juice, mint, salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day; stir before serving.
Per 1/4 cup: 69 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 109 mg sodium; 190 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (23% value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Middle Eastern
- July/August 2013