Middle Eastern Zucchini Dip
From EatingWell: July/August 2013
This creamy and tangy Middle Eastern zucchini dip recipe, also known as Koosa Ma Laban, is best served with baked pita chips or crunchy vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat or nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender; let cool for 5 minutes. Add yogurt, lemon juice, mint, salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day; stir before serving.
Per 1/4 cup: 69 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 109 mg sodium; 190 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (23% value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Middle Eastern
- Ease of Preparation
- July/August 2013