Middle Eastern Zucchini Dip
From EatingWell: July/August 2013
This creamy and tangy Middle Eastern zucchini dip recipe, also known as Koosa Ma Laban, is best served with baked pita chips or crunchy vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat or nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender; let cool for 5 minutes. Add yogurt, lemon juice, mint, salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day; stir before serving.
Per 1/4 cup: 69 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 109 mg sodium; 190 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (23% value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Middle Eastern
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- July/August 2013
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)