Middle Eastern Tuna Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 1995
Try this in a whole-wheat pita pocket with fresh spinach and sliced red onion.
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini, or fruity extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 6-ounce can solid white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 8-ounce can chickpeas, (3/4 cup), drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk together yogurt, tahini or olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and cumin in a bowl. Stir in tuna, chickpeas and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 220 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 18 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 21 g protein; 4 g fiber; 531 mg sodium; 392 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (68% daily value), Folate (23% dv), Iron & Vitamin C (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Middle Eastern
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- May/June 1995