Middle Eastern Tuna Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 1995
Try this in a whole-wheat pita pocket with fresh spinach and sliced red onion.
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini, or fruity extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 6-ounce can solid white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 8-ounce can chickpeas, (3/4 cup), drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk together yogurt, tahini or olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and cumin in a bowl. Stir in tuna, chickpeas and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 220 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 18 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 21 g protein; 4 g fiber; 531 mg sodium; 392 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (68% daily value), Folate (23% dv), Iron & Vitamin C (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1995