Middle Eastern Tuna Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 1995
Try this in a whole-wheat pita pocket with fresh spinach and sliced red onion.
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini, or fruity extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 6-ounce can solid white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 8-ounce can chickpeas, (3/4 cup), drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk together yogurt, tahini or olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and cumin in a bowl. Stir in tuna, chickpeas and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 220 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 18 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 21 g protein; 4 g fiber; 531 mg sodium; 392 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (68% daily value), Folate (23% dv), Iron & Vitamin C (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Middle Eastern
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- May/June 1995
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)