Excellent vegetarian gluten free dinner choice. Wonderful variety of favors and textures. My family of 6 children and a husband asked that I include this meal as a regular menu item for our family dinners. I highly recommend this dish!
Mexican Polenta Scramble
From EatingWell: October/November 2006
We've borrowed the best Mexican flavors and ingredients for this quick scramble. Poblano peppers can vary widely, but in general they have a medium level of spiciness. If you can't find them, green bell peppers can be substituted; to replace the heat of the poblanos, add a minced jalapeno pepper. Make it a Meal: For supper, serve with a side of black beans; for brunch, with eggs and corn tortillas.
3 Reviews for Mexican Polenta Scramble
This dish was delicious! I used red and orange bell peppers because that is what I had on hand. We did not top it with avocados or pepitas because we didn't have them. I think that they would have been wonderful additions! My 10 month old and my 4 year old also enjoyed it. To add some heat my husband and I put some chipotle tabasco on top and that just made it all the better. I made some black beans as a side and they were good mixed in with the dish so next time I might add black beans or pinto beans when I put in the tomatoes.
This was very good and very filling. I made it as written, using Cabot reduced-fat cheddar with peppers. My only very slight complaint is that the mixture got a little goopier than I expected. Next time I would probably add the tomatoes at the very end and just heat through so that they do not release too much water into the polenta crumbles.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)