Mexican Grilled Corn
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
Street vendors across Mexico sell this style of roasted or grilled corn—topped with mayonnaise, chili powder and Cotija cheese. You can serve the unadorned corn on a platter with small bowls of the sauce, cheese and lime on the side so everyone can make their own.
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 ears corn, husked
- 4 tablespoons finely shredded Cotija, (see Shopping Tip) or Parmesan cheese
- 1 lime, quartered
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Grill corn, turning occasionally, until marked and tender, 8 to 12 minutes total. Spread each ear with 1 tablespoon of the sauce and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Cotija (or Parmesan). Serve with lime wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Shopping tip: Cotija cheese, also called queso añejo or queso añejado, is an aged Mexican cheese similar in texture and flavor to Parmesan. Find it near other specialty cheeses or in Mexican grocery stores.
Per serving: 98 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 4 g fiber; 108 mg sodium; 19 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2008