Mexican Grilled Corn
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
Street vendors across Mexico sell this style of roasted or grilled corn—topped with mayonnaise, chili powder and Cotija cheese. You can serve the unadorned corn on a platter with small bowls of the sauce, cheese and lime on the side so everyone can make their own.
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 ears corn, husked
- 4 tablespoons finely shredded Cotija, (see Shopping Tip) or Parmesan cheese
- 1 lime, quartered
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Grill corn, turning occasionally, until marked and tender, 8 to 12 minutes total. Spread each ear with 1 tablespoon of the sauce and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Cotija (or Parmesan). Serve with lime wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Shopping tip: Cotija cheese, also called queso añejo or queso añejado, is an aged Mexican cheese similar in texture and flavor to Parmesan. Find it near other specialty cheeses or in Mexican grocery stores.
Per serving: 98 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 4 g fiber; 108 mg sodium; 19 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2008