Enjoy this crunchy, refreshing alternative to mayonnaise-based coleslaw on a taco or on the side.
- 6 cups very thinly sliced green cabbage, (about 1/2 head) (see Tip)
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and grated carrots, (2-3 medium)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place cabbage and carrots in a colander; rinse thoroughly with cold water to crisp. Let drain for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk cilantro, vinegar, oil and salt in a large bowl. Add cabbage and carrots; toss well to coat.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Toss again to refresh just before serving.
- Tip: To make this coleslaw even faster, use a coleslaw mix containing cabbage and carrots from the produce section of the supermarket.
Per serving: 53 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 97 mg sodium; 199 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (50% daily value), Vitamin C (30% dv), phytochemicals sulforaphane and indoles.
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat (mono
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique