From EatingWell: Summer 2003
Spiked with ginger, this smoothie is guaranteed to perk you up after a long bike ride or make a nice starter to a summer meal on the deck. For a more aromatic variation, use a cantaloupe instead of a honeydew melon.
- 1 cup chopped honeydew melon
- 1/3 cup chopped peeled kiwi, (1 large)
- 1/2 ripe banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup white grape juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger juice, (see Ingredient Note)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup lemon sorbet
- 1/2 cup ice
- Place ingredients in the order listed in a blender. Pulse three times to chop the fruit, then blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Bottled ginger juice is available in most health-food stores and gourmet markets—or make your own by squeezing chopped fresh ginger through a garlic press or piece of cheesecloth.
Per serving: 136 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 3 g fiber; 28 mg sodium; 408 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 fruit
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, smoothies
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Summer 2003