From EatingWell: Summer 2003
Spiked with ginger, this smoothie is guaranteed to perk you up after a long bike ride or make a nice starter to a summer meal on the deck. For a more aromatic variation, use a cantaloupe instead of a honeydew melon.
- 1 cup chopped honeydew melon
- 1/3 cup chopped peeled kiwi, (1 large)
- 1/2 ripe banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup white grape juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger juice, (see Ingredient Note)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup lemon sorbet
- 1/2 cup ice
- Place ingredients in the order listed in a blender. Pulse three times to chop the fruit, then blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Bottled ginger juice is available in most health-food stores and gourmet markets—or make your own by squeezing chopped fresh ginger through a garlic press or piece of cheesecloth.
Per serving: 136 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 3 g fiber; 28 mg sodium; 408 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 fruit
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, smoothies
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Summer 2003