From EatingWell: Summer 2003
Spiked with ginger, this smoothie is guaranteed to perk you up after a long bike ride or make a nice starter to a summer meal on the deck. For a more aromatic variation, use a cantaloupe instead of a honeydew melon.
- 1 cup chopped honeydew melon
- 1/3 cup chopped peeled kiwi, (1 large)
- 1/2 ripe banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup white grape juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger juice, (see Ingredient Note)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup lemon sorbet
- 1/2 cup ice
- Place ingredients in the order listed in a blender. Pulse three times to chop the fruit, then blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Bottled ginger juice is available in most health-food stores and gourmet markets—or make your own by squeezing chopped fresh ginger through a garlic press or piece of cheesecloth.
Per serving: 136 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 3 g fiber; 28 mg sodium; 408 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 fruit
More From EatingWell
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Grapefruit can add a healthy and refreshing flavor to entrees...
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, smoothies
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Summer 2003