From EatingWell: Summer 2003
Spiked with ginger, this smoothie is guaranteed to perk you up after a long bike ride or make a nice starter to a summer meal on the deck. For a more aromatic variation, use a cantaloupe instead of a honeydew melon.
- 1 cup chopped honeydew melon
- 1/3 cup chopped peeled kiwi, (1 large)
- 1/2 ripe banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup white grape juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger juice, (see Ingredient Note)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup lemon sorbet
- 1/2 cup ice
- Place ingredients in the order listed in a blender. Pulse three times to chop the fruit, then blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Bottled ginger juice is available in most health-food stores and gourmet markets—or make your own by squeezing chopped fresh ginger through a garlic press or piece of cheesecloth.
Per serving: 136 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 3 g fiber; 28 mg sodium; 408 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 fruit
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, smoothies
- Summer 2003