Mediterranean Roasted Broccoli & Tomatoes
From EatingWell: September/October 2007
This dish of roasted broccoli and tomatoes is tossed with bright Mediterranean ingredients just before serving.
- 12 ounces broccoli crowns, trimmed and cut into bite-size florets (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss broccoli, tomatoes, oil, garlic and salt in a large bowl until evenly coated. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake until the broccoli begins to brown, 10 to 13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon zest and juice, olives, oregano and capers (if using) in a large bowl. Add the roasted vegetables; stir to combine. Serve warm.
Per serving: 76 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 264 mg sodium; 328 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (130% daily value), Vitamin A (50% dv), Folate (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- September/October 2007