Mediterranean Roasted Broccoli & Tomatoes
From EatingWell: September/October 2007
This dish of roasted broccoli and tomatoes is tossed with bright Mediterranean ingredients just before serving.
- 12 ounces broccoli crowns, trimmed and cut into bite-size florets (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss broccoli, tomatoes, oil, garlic and salt in a large bowl until evenly coated. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake until the broccoli begins to brown, 10 to 13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon zest and juice, olives, oregano and capers (if using) in a large bowl. Add the roasted vegetables; stir to combine. Serve warm.
Per serving: 76 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 264 mg sodium; 328 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (130% daily value), Vitamin A (50% dv), Folate (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2007