Mediterranean Red Pepper Sauce
Jarred roasted red peppers are an invaluable addition to any cook's pantry. Paired with almonds, garlic and spices, they make a simple, rich-tasting sauce to serve with grilled fish or vegetables.
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- Combine almonds, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt and crushed red pepper in a food processor; pulse until the almonds are ground. Add peppers, oil and vinegar; process until smooth, stopping several times to scrape down the sides of the workbowl.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Per tablespoon: 26 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 161 mg sodium; 14 mg potassium.
Exchanges: free food
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique