I'm picky about soup, but I really like this one. I did have to make some modifications. I used 2-15oz cans fire roasted tomatoes and I broiled the veggies instead of grilling them. I had fresh herbs from my garden so I used those. I also used 5 small garlic cloves which I roasted, wrapped in foil, along with the veggies. It came out terrific! I prefer it hot, but it's good chilled too. Next time I'll try it with the grilled veggies!
Mediterranean Grilled Vegetable Soup
From EatingWell: July/August 1993
Whirl grilled bell peppers, zucchini and onion in a food processor with some vine-ripened tomatoes in this smoky gazpacho-like soup. Make it a meal: Serve with Pan Bagna for a delightful warm-weather Mediterranean meal.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)