I used mahi mahi, as directed, but substituted capers for olives. (I didn't have any on hand.) I also used a can of organic, fire roasted diced tomatoes. The recipe was easy and the fish had a light delicious taste.
Mediterranean Fish Fillets
This is “pan-Mediterranean” in its flavors and employs a method of cooking fish by keeping it moist in a zesty sauce. You can also add capers, roasted peppers or sun-dried tomatoes to the sauce.
7 Reviews for Mediterranean Fish Fillets
This dish was delish & very satisfying. The orange zest adds a nice subtle note to the flavor. I added capers, as suggested, and I always use fire-roasted canned tomatoes. The substitution I made was to use vermouth in place of wine, and the result was excellent. BTW, used fresh cod as it was available and inexpensive.
I put some quinoa or rice into the rice cooker and made the dish very quickly - was out of the kitchen in 15 minutes (and I'm disabled). A few minutes later, I returned to the kitchen and served myself. What could be better? I didn't have the wine or olives, so I substituted capers for the olives and skipped the wine. At the end, I sprinkled some fennel seeds on my portion.
This recipe works great on the BBQ. Lay the fish down on some foil, cover in the sauce mixture, turn over when half cooked and keep them covered. Absolutely the best BBQ fish you'll ever make, impressive taste for such a simple dish. This recipe is one of the best.
This is one of my favorite quick dinners these days. I add capers and roasted red peppers, and substitute the olives with generous portions of two types of olive tapenade from Trader Joe's. Usually end up skipping the orange zest when I don't have oranges around.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)