Mediterranean Chopped Salad
A summer staple, this flavorful salad is also good with grilled fish or chicken. Like all fresh tomato salads, it provides some fiber and a healthy dose of vitamin C.
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup diced seedless cucumber, (1/4 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, parsley, olives, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; toss gently to mix. Serve within 1 hour.
Per serving: 113 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 8 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 328 mg sodium; 215 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (40% daily value), Vitamin A (15% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer