Mediterranean Chopped Salad
A summer staple, this flavorful salad is also good with grilled fish or chicken. Like all fresh tomato salads, it provides some fiber and a healthy dose of vitamin C.
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup diced seedless cucumber, (1/4 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, parsley, olives, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; toss gently to mix. Serve within 1 hour.
Per serving: 113 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 8 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 328 mg sodium; 215 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (40% daily value), Vitamin A (15% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique