Mediterranean Chopped Salad
A summer staple, this flavorful salad is also good with grilled fish or chicken. Like all fresh tomato salads, it provides some fiber and a healthy dose of vitamin C.
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup diced seedless cucumber, (1/4 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, parsley, olives, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; toss gently to mix. Serve within 1 hour.
Per serving: 113 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 8 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 328 mg sodium; 215 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (40% daily value), Vitamin A (15% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)