I tried to cut the recipe in half but forgot to cut the cinnamon, sugar, and feta in half. I don't know if that was why I loved this recipe so much or if I would've like it the way it is written. I also didn't add the olives. I would definitely make this recipe again.
Mediterranean Couscous Cabbage Rolls
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
We love the subtle flavor of cinnamon with fresh mint in these vegetarian cabbage rolls stuffed with couscous, olives and feta cheese. Don’t worry if your cabbage leaves tear a little when you pull them off the head; they will wrap up just fine. As a precaution you can cook a couple extra leaves and roll two partly overlapping if needed. Serve with roasted butternut squash tossed with olive oil, cinnamon and garlic. To double this recipe, use 2 large skillets and prepare one 4-serving recipe in each.
15 Reviews for Mediterranean Couscous Cabbage Rolls
Did not enjoy this recipe at all. Would not make again - not much flavor.
Being vegetarian for 12 years I love new recipes. This was easy low fat and high protein. I did make it with red quinoa, used an extra clove of garlic (because I love it) and added white pepper and served it with a slice of homemade rosemary bread, but other than that it was wonderful!
We cooked this dish with quinoa instead of couscous and loved the outcome. We will definitely make this again.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)