Wowsas. I don't ever take time to review recipes, but I had to for these meatballs. I actually "changed it up" and made burgers out of these rather than meatballs. It works fantastically. These burgers are amazingly delicious. I've made them about 4 times since it was published in EW magazine, and since I'm single, I've eaten them for leftovers for at least a week after and NEVER grow tired of them! I highly suggest that you get on making these stat! You won't be disappointed!
Meatball Banh Mi
From EatingWell: March/April 2012
This banh mi (Vietnamese sandwich) is filled with a zingy slaw and chicken-and-pork meatballs spiked with fresh herbs. Look for chile-garlic sauce and fish sauce near other Asian ingredients in most supermarkets.
3 Reviews for Meatball Banh Mi
What's that you say? You doubled the recipe so there were leftovers for lunch the next day?
Oh yes! Skip the bread and just build a salad out of the slaw, cuccumbers, cilantro, quartered meatballs, and spicy mayo for dressing! You tastebuds will be doing the happy dance at lunchtime!
I made this recipe for friends who don't usually each Vietnamese food and they loved it so much they were asking where to get the ingredients. The sandwiches are simple to make and have tons of flavor. I used all chicken because I don't eat pork, and the meatballs were still juicy and delicious. Amazing!!!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)