From EatingWell: Winter 2003
Powdered green tea blended with sweet whipped cream is a popular parfait topping in Japan, particularly in Kyoto. Here the cream is lightened with low-fat yogurt cheese to make a pretty and delicious topping for poached pears and other desserts.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) low-fat or nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons matcha dissolved in 1 tablespoon very hot water, (optional)
- Line a sieve or colander with cheesecloth and set over a bowl, leaving at least 1/2 inch clearance from the bottom. (Alternatively, use a coffee filter lined with filter paper.) Spoon in yogurt, cover and let drain in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Discard whey.
- Whip cream in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue whipping until firm peaks form. Fold in drained yogurt, along with matcha mixture, if using.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per tablespoon: 37 calories; 25 g fat (16 g sat, 1 g mono); 94 mg cholesterol; 42 g carbohydrates; 13 g protein; 0 g fiber; 184 mg sodium; 581 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (45% daily value), Vitamin A (20% dv), Selenium (18 dv), Potassium (17% dv).
Exchanges: 2 low-fat milk, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 4 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, sweet
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Winter 2003