I put all the ingredients in a zip lock bag and massaged it there. It was a lot less messy than using your hands.
Massaged Kale Salad
From EatingWell: September/October 2012
Here a pungent garlicky dressing is infused into kale by massaging the greens and the dressing together with your hands. Any type of kale will work in this kale salad recipe, just remember to remove the tough stems before you start.
13 Reviews for Massaged Kale Salad
I really liked this recipe, as did many other guests at a recent dinner. It was fairly to make, though a little messy. It really reminded me of a ceasar salad with kale. My only criticism would be that the 3 cloves of raw garlic was a bit overpowering. Next time I make this, I will use 2 small or 1 large clove.
I like this best using a meyer lemon. The flavor is excellent and it keeps well and just gets better the next day. I couldn't stop
eating it. So easy and so very healthy!
I made this with the Tuscan variety of kale and it was absolutely delicious!! I have been dreaming about this salad all week since I first made it. I bought more kale at my farmers market today. I told them about this recipe and they were intrigued that I was eating the kale raw. I told them to try it. Thanks for such a delicious recipe!
I use the Trader Joe's bagged organic kale. No need to remove the stems, just pour a half bag into a big bowl with the ingredients and start massaging! Sometimes I add chopped apple, chicken, almonds, or even avocado to make it a meal, but really it's good without any additions. I've now made this salad five times and every time I'm amazed at how easy and delicious this is. My two-year-old helps to squeeze the lemons and then eats it up with me.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)