From EatingWell: January/February 1998
Chicken broth adds a savory touch and reduced-fat sour cream adds richness without lots of fat.
- 3 pounds baking potatoes, (about 8 potatoes), peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, heated
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes in a large heavy pot and cover with cold salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Off the heat, mash potatoes, adding enough hot broth to make a smooth puree. Stir in sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Keep the potatoes warm, covered with wax paper, over a pan of barely simmering water for up to 1 hour.
Per serving: 178 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 62 mg sodium; 957 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (68% daily value), Potassium (27% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- January/February 1998