From EatingWell: September/October 2014
A creamy, honey-scented mascarpone filling makes this fresh fig recipe luxurious, yet still lets the fruit be the star. Serve these pretty stuffed figs to top off a special meal.
- 12 fresh figs
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 teaspoons honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Trim about 1/2 inch off the top of each fig. If needed, cut a thin slice off the bottom so they stand up straight. Cut an X into the tops about 3/4 inch deep. Gently open each fig from the top without breaking it open all the way.
- Combine mascarpone, 2 teaspoons honey and vanilla in a small bowl. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the mixture into each fig. Drizzle with the remaining 1 teaspoon honey and sprinkle with almonds, mint and orange zest.
Per serving: 219 calories; 15 g fat (7 g sat, 1 g mono); 35 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 18 g total sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 16 mg sodium; 225 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- September/October 2014