From EatingWell: September/October 2014
A creamy, honey-scented mascarpone filling makes this fresh fig recipe luxurious, yet still lets the fruit be the star. Serve these pretty stuffed figs to top off a special meal.
- 12 fresh figs
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 teaspoons honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Trim about 1/2 inch off the top of each fig. If needed, cut a thin slice off the bottom so they stand up straight. Cut an X into the tops about 3/4 inch deep. Gently open each fig from the top without breaking it open all the way.
- Combine mascarpone, 2 teaspoons honey and vanilla in a small bowl. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the mixture into each fig. Drizzle with the remaining 1 teaspoon honey and sprinkle with almonds, mint and orange zest.
Per serving: 219 calories; 15 g fat (7 g sat, 1 g mono); 35 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 18 g total sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 16 mg sodium; 225 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Grapefruit can add a healthy and refreshing flavor to entrees...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- September/October 2014