I left out the vinegar and mustard, but otherwise followed the recipe and it was a great easy dinner.
From EatingWell: January/February 2009
Orange marmalade and freshly grated orange zest make a deliciously tangy sauce for quick-cooking chicken tenders. Serve with brown rice.
30 Reviews for Marmalade Chicken
I followed this recipe "as is" and thought it was good, though a little bland. I was expecting more of an orange flavor, to be honest. I had no problems getting the sauce to thicken with 1 tsp of cornstarch as stated in the recipe and thought it coated the chicken really nicely. I can definitely see this as a good starting point, though, with some tweaking. :)
After making this, I'm going to change the following:
1. 1/4 Cup Orange Marmalade
2. 1 Tablespoon dijon
3. 1/2 Tablespoon cornstarch
As is, the sauce is a bit too runny and doesn't spoon out well over the chicken. It could also use a wee bit more flavor (I didn't include the shallots because my B/F can't do onions), so I'm going to beef up the marmalade, dijon and cornstarch to hopefully resolve this issue. Quite a nice dish! I'm looking forward to trying it with the adjustments!
Very very tasty meal and easy to make. However, I wasn't a fan of the sauce the first time. I found it too watery. The second time I made it, I did two teaspoons of cornstarch instead of one, and the sauce was perfect! Nicer, thicker consistency. I also microwaved a sweet potato for 10 min. +/- depending on the size of it, cut it up and added it to the recipe and it was MMMMMMMMMMM. Sweet potato and orange go so well together.
This was a simple and delicious meal that my entire family loved. The sauce was thinner than I thought but it was perfect! We served it with 90 second brown chicken rice and steamed broccoli.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)